Good news? Feel free to add yours!
  • canadashcanadash
    I have two bits of good news!

1. I went to another parish's Mass yesterday evening. The church is lovely. It is old with great windows and beautiful artwork. The music at two Masses has been provided by a trio of singers. Two play guitar. The guitars were still there, BUT so were the PROPERS! I was SO impressed. They also CHANTED the Agnus Dei in LATIN a cappella. Most of the hymns were also very singable and contained solid text. I was thoroughly impressed by the changes. I think websites such as yours as well as notable changes at our local seminary are making a wonderful difference.

2. Last year the mother of the boyfriend of a young woman asked if the woman could join my choir. She has a lovely voice and had sung in an excellent children's choir when she was younger, I could not refuse. The boyfriend's family are nominal Catholics, she was raised with no faith. Well, today, after Mass, she informed me that she would like to join the Catholic Church! How exciting is that? I have no idea if she knows what she is getting herself into though. If you can, please keep Laura in your prayers.

Do you have any good news?
  • Jani
    My future son-in-law is beginning RCIA, and my already-son-in-law is almost at that point.
    My little parish is embracing chant with gusto.

This was a good idea for a post :)
  • BenBen
    1-2 new prospective schola members this week who hope to join!
  • melofluentmelofluent
    We have a new pastor as of this morning. Our previous pastor was appointed Vicar General of the diocese. I thank him for almost ten years of FT service.
    May God bless our new shepherd throughout his tenure, amen.
    Thanked by 2Paul F. Ford BruceL
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I am still Catholic.

Sorry, this is the "News" thread.
    Miracles get their own topic.
    Thanked by 2Jahaza CharlesW
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    The guitars were still there, BUT so were the PROPERS!

More info, please!

Did they sing English adaptations? Did they accompany the Propers, or just use the guitar for other hymns and such?

Very curious.... (I am; not it is.)
  • canadashcanadash
    Before Mass began and prior to communion, one of the guitarists/singers simply sang the proper right out of the Roman Missal. He just chanted it, unaccompanied, to one of the Gregorian tones. It was lovely. He only sang the antiphon, but did not include the verses.
    Thanked by 1BruceL
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Fascinating.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I'd rather be at that Mass, that at any of LAREC's, yeesh.
  • canadashcanadash
    that at any of LAREC's, yeesh

Translation please?

OK, read the other post... sorry.
  • Kathy
    It's time to get a polyphony schola together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k
    Thanked by 1ClergetKubisz