Contact regarding the position near Bardstown KY
  • kevinfkevinf
    If you are interested in the position near Bardstown, Ky, I am happy to give you details on the position not mentioned in the ad. It is an exciting time for the church and the position. PLease private message me if you wish.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    It looks like potentially a nice job. My only question from the ad: is Louisville really a "birthplace of Catholicism in the United States?" I know Bardstown was a very old see, but being the south and all how Catholic is it?
    How Catholic is it today?
  • kevinfkevinf
    VERY,VERY Catholic.
  • Kathy
    Isn't it like next door to the Abbey of Gethsemane? I think Bardstown is where Thomas Merton used to go "into town" when he had to go to the doctor or whatever.
    You learn something every day.
  • BruceL
    Ad was obviously written by a non-organist, as it failed to mention Bardstown is dead in the middle of Bourbon Country...details, details!
    Thanked by 2G CHGiffen
  • chonakchonak
    As an additional historical point, the Diocese of Boston was founded on the same day as that of Bardstown, when both were carved out of the Diocese of Baltimore, along with those of New York and Philadelphia.
  • kevinfkevinf
    @Kathy. Yes, Bardstown, Gethsemani and the parish in the ad are all very close together. This area of Kentucky is called "The Holy Land" because of the depth of concentration of Catholics in the area and the very old (by American standards) churches. Its also where all the bourbon is distilled. Coincidence... I think so.
    Thanked by 2BruceL Kathy
  • matt1618
    Haha! I almost put "in the heart of Bourbon country" in the ad! And yes, people are always surprised to learn of the Catholic history in KY. When I was in seminary in Baltimore people would ask me "Are there any Catholics in KY?" The Diocese of Bardstown, the precursor to the Diocese of Louisville, then Archdiocese of Louisville, was founded in 1808 along with New York, Philly, and Boston. It is the first inland diocese, in other words, the first diocese not on the east coast. It originally encompassed everything from Michigan to Louisiana! ~Fr. Hardesty
  • Who built their organ?
    The announcement in the original post is tempting.
    Do you have any more details about choirs and music, as well as liturgical praxis?
  • matt1618
    At Holy Trinity, near the sanctuary on the epistle side we have a Conn "Artist" Model 721 two manual organ. Type 00Z, style 002, finish 033, serial no 706823. See detailed info about the similar Model 720 here: http://www.organservice.com/conn/conn720.htm
    It uses electronic pipes. More info here: http://www.organservice.com/conn/connpipes.htm
    In the choir loft we have an organ that someone donated to us. That is a Conn "Theatrette" Model 580 three manual organ. Type 002, style 001, finish 033, serial no 702026.
    I will get info on the organ at Holy Rosary this weekend and update here.

Fr. Hardesty
  • matt1618
    An update: I've gotten many resumes so far and will continue to accept them through Easter Sunday. But I'd still like to say - don't let the electronic organ discourage you from considering this position. This is an exciting opportunity to grow a program with much potential with a new, energetic, supportive pastor. The new Director could be part of a long-range plan to acquire or have custom-built a new pipe organ for Holy Trinity.

Fr. Hardesty
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • matt1618
    I have extended my deadline a little bit from Easter Monday to the Monday following Divine Mercy Sunday... seems a propos... but after said Monday, namely April 28, I will not be accepting any more resumes. Thanks to all of you for your interest!