Communion Antiphons- Big Three Finally Getting it?
  • Bobby Bolin
    I have noticed that there seem to be more communion antiphons and chants being published that utilize the Roman Missal texts. They are in a variety of styles but still use the prescribed text.

I am wondering if this is showing a paradigm shift in the way the music at mass is handled. More and more churches I attend seem to be using music set to the propers, whether is the Tietze introit hymn tunes, chanted propers, or something similar to the new Christopher Walker stuff.

Opinions?
  • BenBen
    I think there is. They're finally catching up with Vatican II...

To continue to replace the texts [propers] of the Mass being celebrated with motets that are reverent and devout, yet out of keeping with the Mass of the day amounts to continuing an unacceptable ambiguity: it is to cheat the people.

- Consilium (1969)
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Opinions?

God is good, all the time.
    Thanked by 1Ignoto
  • daniel
    World Library has Communion Chants by Thatcher that I have found useable. MorningStar is another good source, for instance the proper Communion song for Easter Vigil/Easter Sunday (Christ has become our Paschal Sacrifice).
  • BenBen
    If anyone knows of propers resources that are not already listed on my page, please send them to me!

http://blog.yankehome.com/index.php/projects/propers-resources/