Random Conversations about Indy.
  • BenBen
    I'm in, and I'm also bringing an organist friend who's new to the CMAA (but not new to the church's vision for music)

Who else?

Edit: well, it has devolved... continue chatting.
    Thanked by 1Andrew Motyka
  • gregpgregp
    I'm in!
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    When is it?
  • I'll be there!
  • Looking forward!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Leave it to Dr. Page to give us instructions on the safest way to travel to Indianapolis!

I will be there. With bells on.

YES. There will be bells.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Still debating. I direct a choir in the area, but it's a bit of an investment, and the whole commuting every day to the conference is a bit daunting.
  • WendiWendi
    I won't have the bells...just the mouth. :)
  • G
    the whole commuting every day to the conference is a bit daunting.

I misread at first and thought it was having to deal with the entire CMAA COMMUNITY every day that you found daunting, and wanted to assure you that most of us didn't bite.
    Hoping you see your way to attending it.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • BruceL
    +1.
  • JahazaJahaza
    Some day. This summer's conference plan is residency for my theology studies.
  • TCJ
    I just signed up today. Having a place to stay other than the suggested hotel will help me keep costs down.
  • JennyJenny
    Wouldn't miss it!
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I will be there. Anyone interested in splitting a hotel room?
    I might be able to attend through the school.
  • OlbashOlbash
    I'm in!
    The community sounds like a great group of people - and I've dealt with enough rabid divas that I'm fairly sure I've built up an immunity to biting musicians.

I'm torn - a large part of me wants to go, but the other is wondering how I'm going to swing it financially.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Stimson: There are usually scholarships available, get in touch with Arlene Oost-Zinner, who basically puts on the whole thing. Here e-mail in on the CMAA home page.
  • chonakchonak
    I'm signed up too.

About scholarships: e-mail to programs@musicasacra.com. That'll go to Janet Gorbitz, who is picking up some of Arlene's colloquium work.
  • jczarn
    I'm in! Can't wait!
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Check is in the mail, reservations made.

This will be the first professional conference I will have attended since the NPM convention in 2007, which, ironically, was also held in Indy.

I'm looking forward to putting real faces and voices to the many people I've encountered here.
  • WendiWendi
    Somebody better warn them we're coming...:)
    I'm probably not staying in the hotel, as it's incredibly expensive, and I live nearby anyway. Problem is parking.
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Deem them warned.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Greg Plese presented the second chant workshop in Fresno Saturday, forum members Royce Nickel (CCW) and myself attended. The expense of travel and lodging was the reason all three of us cited as we shared none of us was likely coming to Indy. And I love Indy.
    Thanked by 1gregp
  • WendiWendi
    Dearest!!!! You HAVE to come. Himself and the children will be there. Himself wants to meet you especially.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    I'd love to, but I have a standing responsibility on 7/4 that I can't really get out of. Too bad, as Indy is practical driving range for me (not like Duquesne, but it beats SLC)
  • G
    WAIT A MINUTE, Wendi!!!!!!

You're married to Himself, too? ;o)
    What can I say, the husband has watched Quiet Man one to many times, he occasionally addresses me as "woman of the house.":oP

Thanked by 1Wendi
  • chonakchonak
    7/4: is that treated as (2 + 2 + 3) or (2 + 3 + 2) or (3 + 2 + 2) or, God help us, (7)?
    Thanked by 1futurefatherz
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Dearest!!!! You HAVE to come. Himself and the children will be there. Himself wants to meet you especially.

Mon cher, I/we'd love to be there. But we have always paid our own way to hundreds of such conventions, and financially it is not in the cards for Indy this year.
    7/4: is that treated as (2 + 2 + 3) or (2 + 3 + 2) or (3 + 2 + 2) or, God help us, (7)?

Sounds like a job for mrcopper! Up, up and away.....
    Thanked by 1mrcopper
  • ronkrisman
    G and Wendi: I hope that neither of you is upset upon learning that you are both married to "Himself"

Wendi: I hope as well that you are not upset when, after addressing melofluent as"Dearest!!!," he addresses you as "mon cher"
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Fr. Krisman - would you be so kind as to join as at the Colloquium?
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • G
    Believe me, Fr Krisman, the knowledge that Himself is sutck with me for eternity leaves me the furthest thing from "upset." :oD

• ronkrisman
    matthewj: Thank you for your kind invitation. However, for this summer's Colloquium, I can't, for medical reasons.
    Due to persuasive arguments from multiple board members, I've decided to bite the bullet and attend. Pray that I manage to find a wealthy benefactor or two, besides the scholarship!
    I looked over the itinerary and I'm looking forward to my first EF experience on that Wednesday. Note that the itinerary is prospective at this point.
  • WendiWendi
    Not upset on any account. Many women are blessed to be married to "Himself".

As my "Himself" is fluent in French (Half the family is from Quebec) it bothers me not at all to be referred to as mon cher, although I believe it would be more correct to say ma cherie as I am a female. (Yes I pick nits on a fairly regular basis).

Dearest...Himself will be so disappointed. However, if it's only going to be Darling and I at Indy, the city may survive the experience with minimal trauma. :)
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    matthewj: Thank you for your kind invitation. However, for this summer's Colloquium, I can't, for medical reasons.

CMAA people give him indigestion.

(just kidding)

I pray for your healing and recovery, and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing at one of these events in the future.

• Ignoto
    Seconding Adam--thank you, Fr. Krisman, for your contributions to this Forum. Your expertise is greatly respected.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    OK, thanks to Wendy (mi amore), Wendi (mon cherie) and David Andrew (mein Freund und ZimmerBruder), I'm in and booked.
    Thanked by 2G Jenny
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Note to self: Melofluent can be convinced to spend lots of money by posting several message board posts.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • WendiWendi
    No no Matthew...it was the batting of the eyelashes and the pretty begging behind the scenes that did it. I beg most prettily, and David Andrew bats his eyelashes quite effectively. ;)
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • G
    Wendy, are you casting aspersions upon Matthew's eyelashes?

• WendiWendi
    Of course not...I'm sure he bats his most effectively as well! :)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Note to ex-Mr. RectoTono: Mr. Melofluent doesn't require convincing, Mrs. Melofluent holds all the cards.
  • WendiWendi
    Which is why DAVID did the eyelash batting...I doubt my attempt would have moved the good Mrs. M.
    Thanked by 1melofluent
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I feel strongly that this Colloquium needs to observe WHITE SUIT WEDNESDAY.
  • WendiWendi
    I'm game. Can I wear a white hat to go with the suit? Or is this another "inside baseball" reference?
  • chonakchonak
    Is there a day for seersucker too?
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Jenny
  • matthewjmatthewj
    There should be! I bought a red/white seersucker suit for a wedding last year and haven't figured out when else to wear it!