Chant workshop in Fresno March 22
  • gregpgregp
    We had a great workshop last month, with 47 people showing up! The organizers want two more, so the first one will be Saturday, March 22, at the parish hall of St. Mary Queen of the Apostles in Fresno. The time will PROBABLY be 9-4, with lunch provided.

Last time we were learning basics; we sang Mass IX with propers from the SEP, and Mr. Royce Nickel showed up and he and I cantored his setting of the Responsorial Psalm. This time we will sing Mass XVII so as to have more time to spend on the Propers for the 3rd Sunday of Lent.

More details to follow.
  • gregpgregp
    Here's more information: The Mass will be a sung OF Mass with vernacular Propers from various sources.

Gregorian Chant Workshop II

Sat. March 22nd, 2014
    St Mary Queen of Apostles Hall
    4636 W Dakota, Fresno 93722.

Registration 8:30am, Workshop 9:00am-4:00pm, Mass 4:30pm at Sister Disciples of Divine Master Convent Chapel, around the corner from the hall at 3700 W Cornelia.

Registration Fee $20.00, includes lunch.

contact info: 559-660-5228
    email: materchristiapostolate@gmail.com
    www.mater-christi.com
  • gregpgregp
    BTW, this was originally going to be a week later, and the Mass would have been for Laetare Sunday (4th Sunday of Lent), so thanks to Fr. Krisman finding the correct Spanish text ("Da luz a mis ojos"), I had composed this Offertory. Now we won't be able to use it, but maybe someone else could.

Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I'm hoping W and I can make it this time, Greg!
  • ronkrisman
    @gregp: the rising tone (RE) which begins the mediant cadence feels to me as wanting an accented syllable. In fact, that is how things work out in all verses except verse 1. Personally I would opt for olvidándome having this pointing: olvi- dán- dome, with dán- on RE, and do-me both on DO.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen gregp