An indulgence
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Forty years ago this date, Jan 12., Wendy and I committed our vows of matrimony. Other than alerting our visiting missionary priest, whom I would follow to Peru were I not 300lbs. we have not shared this with anyone local besides our children, who've responded to this watermark with grace and humor expected.
    Wendy and I have shared sacred music from Day One. She is a genius and I a fool. Perfect match.
    We have devoted our lives to beauty within and without the church, and I believe neither can be separated.
    We are Catholics of the Roman Rite, such as it was is and will be, and Christ has been with us, whether knowlingly or not, from Day One in the First John Sense.
    My spiritual death, life and resurrection are inexorably linked to my marital vocation to the Loves of my Life Christ Jesus and my spouse, my Wendy.
    May providence grace you all with such tangible proof of God's love for us.
    Charles
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Félicitations, mon frère!
  • Wonderful!!!
    Normally when people go on about their fabulous spouse, I kind of shrug and don't give it much thought.
    But Wendy, beautiful soul and sultry soprano that she is!! I know you are not engaging in hyperbole.
    You are both so blessed. Ad multos annos!
  • Kathy
    MaryAnn took the words right out of my mouth. Lovely couple. Warmest congratulations, and many, many happy years!!!
  • What sweet words to say about your bride -- Congratulations on your forty years, what a happy day to celebrate your lives together in adoration and service to our Lord.
  • May the Lord continue to bless your union. Congratulations!
  • Being married for forty years certainly requires a plenary indulgence! Congrats!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Blessings on you Wendy and Charlie, and many, many happy years together.
  • francis
    Blessings and peace.
  • JDE
    Congratulations and felicitations, Charles and Wendy! I look forward to seeing you again at the next Colloquium, Lord willing.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Ad multos annos!
  • Jani
    That's real nice, Melofluent. Not many marriages, Catholic or otherwise, make it so long anymore. No doubt your acknowledgement of your wife's wonderfulness is the true reason for such a successful marriage, cuz Lord knows, everyone here knows you are just a crotchety old guy!

Seriously though, God's blessings on you both, and may you have many more years to be the great examples of faithfulness and love that 40 years have shown you to be. :-)