Koerber Publications : Soft Launch
  • francis
    Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ of CMAA and Guests:

ANNOUNCING... SOFT LAUNCH OF WWW.MYOPUS.COM - THE MUSICAL SCORES OF FRANCIS KOERBER

GO TO WEBSITE

With this post I am announcing the soft launch of my self-publishing musical endeavors. Because I am getting many requests for my scores, I am publishing both genres (sacred and secular works) on my longstanding website, www.myopus.com.

For many years I simply gave my music away for FREE. My campaign was, (FREE to all!), which you will find extensively here on the CMAA forum. My sole purpose was to promote new (but authentic) sacred music that continues in the RC tradition, building a following and creating interest in my original musical works. As many of you know, I am mostly a composer of polyphonic works (SATB Masses, fugues, etc.) As a result, I now regularly receive requests for scores from cathedrals and parishes from around the world.

Go to www.MyOpus.com to review (see and hear) the scores presently available. I have hundreds of scores already input into Sibelius which I will be publishing to this website on a weekly, if not daily basis. If anyone has previously become familiar with one of my particular works (previously found on www.MyOpus.com or www.RomanCatholicSacredMusic.com) and wishes to purchase the score, I will Publish On Demand (POD) so that you can purchase and download a particular title, hopefully within a few days (depending upon my workload).

ADOPTING BEST PRACTICES

Adopting the best practices of other successful digital publishing models on the internet, MyOpus.com will offer scores for approximately $1 per copy, all purchases being accepted through PayPal. The pricing structure will charge a little more for duets and larger works, and separate licenses for recording, however, retail prices are purposely far below the cost of conventional publishing of printed octavos and concert sized (organ) scores.

Customers license a PDF which I will personally send to them via email after receiving an order and payment, formatting the score to easily print on 8.5" x 11" paper. I am considering publishing my organ music on Tabloid (11" x 17") which makes for less page turning. Let me know if that would be an attractive offering.

HONOR SYSTEM

MyOpus.com utilizes an honor system for quantity purchases. (e.g., your organization has 50 people in your choir), then it is up to you to purchase multiple copies at $1 per copy. I also encourage printing two extra copies that you can hold in your music library in case of loss or damage and that way you have recourse to those scores in a pinch.

REFINING THE PUBLISHING MECHANISM OF WWW.MYOPUS.COM

I invite each of you to give me feedback concerning the website layout, graphics, previews (pdf and mp3 files), etc. Thank you in advance for your time and interest and willingness to help me refine this effort. You can either put your comments here on this thread or send an email to francis@myopus.com.

THANK YOU

Thank you for your interest and support of NEW quality sacred music. All praise and glory be to God.

Sincerely in the Service of Our Dearest Mother Mary,

Francis Koerber
    Composer/Organist/Choirmaster
    www.MyOpus.com

PS. One of my marketing tools is that I am making available the Ave Maria by Franz Shubert and arranged by myself in every key imaginable! No longer do you need to hunt down the right key for your vocalist. It is RIGHT HERE!
    Thanked by 2bkenney27 Adam Wood